5.10.2010

Meanwhile, over at TOP........

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2010/05/olympus-zd-zooms.html


Michael Johnston has just posted my review of the two Olympus f2 zoom lenses, the 14-35mm and the 35-100mm.  I'm sure there will be some controversy.  I had nice things to say but also so critical points to make.  I'll be jumping in and out of the comments on The Online Photographer as the discussion continues.  Michael puts together a great blog about photography and he is a generous but discerning clearinghouse for lots of good material.  Please check it out.


Random Monday Photo:  Executive from Bromley Communications.



4 comments:

Michael said...

I'm not an Olympus shooter but appreciate your reviews and perspective. Yours and Michael Johnston's TOP are among my most-read photography sites. Cheers.

Brian said...

Kirk, do you have any comments on the 14-35mm on a e-620 ? I am considering buying one with the current rebate but want to wait to upgrade my camera when the e5 comes out. I wonder from some people if I should worry about a bad lens? Do younthink it is just a lens camera combo problem with the e3?

Kirk, Photographer/Writer said...

Hey Brian,
Should work well with the e620. If there's any front or back focus the 620 has the ability to fine tune each lens. Have fun deciding.

Cliff said...

FWIW, I also had the same focus problems that you mentioned with the ZD 14-35 f2, with the uber-expensive ZD 90-250mm f2.8 zoom on my E-3. Sadly, Olympus was unable to correct the problem.