2.03.2013

A series of interviews about 33 Variations at ZACH Theatre.



A couple of Sundays ago I spent an afternoon at ZACH Theatre shooting interviews with the artistic director, the lead actor and the featured pianist in Zachary Scott's production of 33 Variations. The theater's digital expert, David Munns, took the raw interview footage, edited it and created this web PSA for the play. Colin Lowry shot the footage of the actors on stage.

The interviews are shot with the Sony a99 and the Sony 70-200mm G lens. The microphone used was a Sennheiser wireless lavalier. Lighting was a mixture of ambient light supported by small LED panels for fill.







3 comments:

mshafik said...

I like the lighting and the audio, however, the transitions between the different interviewees are too slow and distracting, the voice of the second one comes on while the picture of the first one is still fading out, and it doesn't help that all of their heads are in the same position, so it's sort of morphing.

If I would do it myself, I would either make the transition very, very quick, or no transitions whatsoever.

Kirk, Photographer/Writer said...

I did not edit the program. I am showing the lighting and the audio. Thanks for the feedback.

Mike said...

Really brilliant, content, presentation and technique. Thanks so much.