6.26.2014

An inexpensive (relatively) SDXC card that works perfectly for video with a GH4.

If you are looking for a cost effective card that works with full on video on the Panasonic GH4 or any other camera that requires a very fast SDXC card for best performance you might want to take a look at this Transcend card. The model I bought ingests big video without issues and it also writes raw files very quickly which speeds up most cameras' performance.

I bought two of the 64GB versions and they have worked flawlessly for 4500+ images last week and lots of 4K video the week before. I have re-formatted at least ten times and I have seen no glitches or anomalies with either card. If you hate the idea of shooting video with your camera you'll be happy to know that they will store gazillions of high res still images, unsullied by video files if that's the way you roll.

Well worth the money to me at less than $50 each....

Here's my artsy portrayal of them:



They make a 128GB size but I haven't tested that yet.


No comments: